Most of our valuable Clients have several question about our services they are now happy to know the following
Can I switch off the vehicle in case of theft?
• Yes.You can immediately stop the vehicle in case of theft. You can use the online platform or an SMS to stop the engine.
What should I do in case of theft?
• In-case of theft of your Vehicle, the first thing is to report to the nearest Police station, then Immediately contact eTrack 24 hour support team who will guide you on the next step. Also follow the simple procedure to switch off the vehicle.
Note that it is critical that you contact eTrack because the earlier the better.
Does your system use mobile or satellite technology?
• eTrack system uses Mobile and Satellite technology, GSM and Global Position System communication.
Can I be able to monitor fuel on my vehicle?
• Yes. eTrack system can help you know when the fuel is siphoned, enables you to match fueled liters to receipts and know your vehicle consumption
Is my device transferable in case the vehicle is sold or in the event of an accident?
• Yes. The eTrack GPS/GSM device is carefully removed and re-installed in a different vehicle with the renewal of agreement.
In the event of an accident, is there a replay report that would assist in knowing what happened?
• Yes, the historical playback which is generated by the eTrack online tracking system will show the movement of the vehicle until the time the accident occurred. eTrack system gives second by second replay, and also captures events such as harsh braking.
What do I have to do to fit a tracking device with eTrack?
• Simply contact us through a call or email or visit any of our branches
Which vehicles can be fitted with the device?
• The eTrack GPS device works with all vehicles, personals, trucks, earthmovers, tankers, buses, prime movers, trailers, containers and plants and equipment.
How do I know if the tracking device has been installed?
• After installation of the Tracking device, eTrack will immediately give you the access rights to the platform. You can access the platform; try the functionalities such as real time view on map, generating the Reports after the vehicle moves.
Since the technician knows where the device has been installed, how sure I’m I that they will not collude for a malicious act?
• eTrack is very careful in job segregation and vetting of employees. Different roles are assigned to different individuals. A technician will only install the tracking device and a different tracking team will handle the roles of system.
If I lose my phone, can I be able to track my vehicle with another phone?
• Yes. You can use any phone as long as you use credentials to prove ownership of the vehicles.
Can I track my vehicle outside our country?
• Yes. With eTrack Ltd, you can track the vehicle anywhere in Tanzania and even beyond the borders.
How long does it take to install a tracking device?
• Under normal circumstances, it will take our trained team of installers up-to 1 hour to install one car with a GPS tracking system. We believe that 1 hour is enough to ensure a clean and fault free installation
How long is my contract with eTrack LTD?
• Your contract with eTrack is only terminated when you requests 60 days in advance.
How long does eTrack system lasts?
• eTrack system are well developed and maintained to last until when you terminate the contract.
Can I access and see my Reports even after months?
• eTrack LTD stores the data without deleting even the old one. The data is always accessible online and a client can see the Reports as long as they are connected to the internet. These reports can be exported to excel.
How difficult is it to remove or deactivate the unit?
• The tracking device in your car can only be deactivated by our trained technicians from our Authorized stations across the region. During Installation our Technicians will hide the unit in several places in your vehicle to make it difficult to locate and remove, and can only be deactivated by etrack Secure Operating Centre.
What happens when I sell my car? Can I transfer my Tracking Unit into another vehicle?
• In-case you are selling your Vehicle and wish to remove the Unit, then we can move it into another vehicle or keep it for you until you get another car to put it. However, a fee is charged for the De-installation and re-installation of the unit into another car.
What is the warranty given on eTrack products and services?
• eTrack will replace the device free of charge in-case the unit is faulty by reason of defective components, poor workmanship or design within 12 months of installation.
However the warranty given does not, apply to units damaged as a result of an accident, temperance or having the unit worked on by an unauthorized technician.
Which browsers work well with eTrack system?
• eTrack system works well with Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Internet Explorer. Latest editions preferred.